Squeak IDE Look-n-Feel

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at atlas.otago.ac.nz
Fri Dec 15 02:07:56 UTC 2000

	The plan is that essentially all content that now comes "in the
	box" with Squeak will still be there.  However the screen you
	first see will be like a home page, with broad graphically attractive
	categories

I strongly recommend pretty much everything Jako Nielsen (sp?) has written
about Web Design.  Most home pages stink, so I hope the new screen isn't
*too* much like a home page.  And one person's "graphically attractive" is
another person's "waste of screen space on terminally cute pictures".
The figures Nielsen quotes on usability are really eye-opening; good clear
text is still a big winner.

	taking you first into *resident* projects specific to each of Squeak's
	strengths,

Great.  I'm sorry to go off half-cocked, but that wasn't clear from the