IRC channel on OpenProjects.net

Brian Rice water at tscnet.com
Mon Dec 4 19:49:35 UTC 2000

Hey all,
I don't post much because my interest is mostly research as far as
Squeak is concerned, but I've been following for at least a year, and
have learned quite a bit about the system in that time. This is my
way of giving back for now:

I'm hosting a channel for new squeakers and gurus, mostly as a
fallback when Nebraska isn't working right, or just to set things up
for it without having to personally know a guru. Also it helps for
low-bandwidth connections.

The server is irc.openprojects.net, and I will be personally
available most evenings from 6PM to 11PM, PST, on weekdays and most
of the day on weekends.

There's also a channel logger, which may prove useful at some point,
but for now it's there just in case we need it.

I don't want it to detract from the mailing list, though. This place
is a great forum for just discussing issues and when newbies bring up
issues, it's often important that the gurus notice the problems.

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks,
~