Building 2.9a VM on StrongARM Linux

John.Maloney at disney.com John.Maloney at disney.com
Sat Dec 16 02:56:41 UTC 2000

Kevin,

You only need the sound codec for compression; you can do
nearly all the fun sound stuff without it. The quick-n-dirty
way around the problem would be to just leave stub funcions for
the entry points of that module. The cleaner way to do it would
be to edit the ST-to-C translation method to omit that module from
the build, and generate all your .c and .h files again. I'd do
the former to see if you can get a clean compile, then go back
and do "the right thing" later.

Keep on truckin'! I'm looking forward to your reports of Squeak's
performance on the ipaq.

	-- John