The Puzzle Page

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Dec 14 23:08:58 UTC 2000

>Dan wrote:
>>  >>2.  Open any two browsers.  Click first in one, then the
>>  other.  Note that the entire window gets repainted not once
>>  but twice.  Fix this.
>>
>>  ... and Bob replied...
>>  >Hmm... AFAICT the double draw happens when you click on the
>>  second window in the title bar and you have the right
>>  preferences set and you leave the mouse down long enough and
>>  etc.. so that the window is actually picked up.
>
>Not quite. Try the following: Click on the browser and KEEP THE MOUSE
>PRESSED. The first redraw obviously happens through SysWindow>>activate
>(which is fine). Now let go the mouse button. The second redraw happens in
>response to #mouseEnter: (showing the scrollbar etc). Which - in a way - is
>fine too.
>
>   - Andreas

Mmm I noticed some interesting behavior in MVC but only when you run
on a slow machine (Of course now the show damage stuff might show it
better now). If you have a window active then click on the desktop,
this deselects the window, then click back on the window. The window
completely redraws...
Custom Macintosh programming & various Smalltalk dialects
PGP Key: DSS/Diff/46FC3BE6
Fingerprint=B22F 7D67 92B7 5D52 72D7  E94A EE69 2D21 46FC 3BE6