[BUG?]New Event Architecture Queue Sequencing?

Daniel daniel.a.joyce at worldnet.att.net
Mon Dec 4 14:02:57 UTC 2000

> I was, in fact, testing with one of the new Firewire iBooks.
>
> It is interesting that the "slow event" firings can be sped up simply
> by pressing the shift key a few times, and slows back down when you
> stop.  There are no serious delays in real time, however, almost as
> soon as you stop typing, the delay kicks in.

	Could it powersaving on the iBOOK? IE, Processor speed dropping when
the user stops interacting with it?

	Or maybe, the MacOS has a bug on priority of interactive vs
non-interactive processes?

	There was a old OS that had a bug like this. When doing batch
processing, users found that when they typed ANYTHING at the terminal
keyboard, their jobs completed quicker. It had a funky scheduler bug...
:)

	Daniel Joyce