MPEGPlayer2 Eh?

Karl Ramberg karl.ramberg at chello.se
Sat Dec 2 00:15:37 UTC 2000

John M McIntosh wrote:

> Karl and I've have been talking about this very issue over the last week or so.
>
> So what I'm going to do with Karl's participation of course is have
> him take over ownership of the MPEGPlayer along with his contribution
> of the MPEGPlayerMorph part of the Smalltalk code and have him merge
> his work on MPEGPlayer2 with the original MPEGPlayer since he has
> more time and interest in doing further work on the visual side of
> the mpeg solution.

I'll start this process this weekend.
My startingpoint will be the MPEGPlayer2
because that essensialy is a refactoring of the MPEGPlayer.
Just a few questions.
Should the player support MVC ?

Johns MPEGPlayer implements all the MPEGFile
accessors. Several of these are obscure, incompatible with
eachother etc. I'll start off by not implementing all
of them but add if time and experience shows it's
usefullness.

> I'll still look after the C code part and the basic interface to the
> external library, since I'm more interested in addressing performance
> concerns at a lower level. This transition will take a few days I
> suspect but should reduce the competing players so to speak...

Sounds good.
Karl