Squeak IDE Look-n-Feel

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at atlas.otago.ac.nz
Tue Dec 12 21:19:30 UTC 2000

I would just like to say that the Smalltalk browser is the *best* IDE
I have ever used, bar none.  I've used several IDEs for several languages.
Interlisp-D was fine, but Smalltalk is exciting.

Please *don't* anyone make Squeak into something Windows victims find
familiar.

For comparison, I'm an experienced C programmer and competent C++ programmer,
but I fought for an hour with IBM's Visual Age for C++ trying to write a
Hello World program, and failed completely.  Squeak was a *breeze*!