[BUG?]New Event Architecture Queue Sequencing?

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Tue Dec 5 00:20:08 UTC 2000

>On Mon, 4 Dec 2000 15:12:09 -0800 John M McIntosh
><johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com> wrote:
>>Try the latest 2.9.6 VM There was some changes to the logic with
>>regard to duplicate idle events, but I'm not sure this will clean up
>>the problem. Bob did have his fingers in the event logic with a
>>change to improve performance by stealing time from background
>>applications, but I think that feature isn't turned on by default?
>
>It is off by default. In unsuccessfully trying to duplicate Andrew's
>problem, I tried it both ways and saw no change.
>
>Cheers,
>Bob

Well I think Andrew needs to figure out if the problem is in getting
events from the VM at the primitive call (IE how frequent is it being
called) and how often the keystrokes appear. Or is the slowdown in
passing the events to the interested Morphic/MVC players.

PS yes my website is down, ask my ISP about the nuclear weapon ATT
lit off in their service offering saturday night, er no don't ask
they are *real* busy right now... At least they've got mail back up
for me...

Custom Macintosh programming & various Smalltalk dialects
PGP Key: DSS/Diff/46FC3BE6
Fingerprint=B22F 7D67 92B7 5D52 72D7  E94A EE69 2D21 46FC 3BE6