[BUG] Saving Projects (was Re: Squeak IDE Look-n-Feel)

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Sat Dec 16 12:37:40 UTC 2000

Hi Doug,

On Sat, 16 Dec 2000 02:00:29 -0500 Doug Way <dway at riskmetrics.com> wrote:
>Dan Ingalls wrote:
>>
>> Perhaps it would further this process to store somewhere a standard IDE project with, say 4 different browsers open, 3 or 4 others collapsed, and a menu or two visible.  Then we could have a sort of competition whose entries could be simply a screen shot, together with a fileIn referenced to some agreed update level like 3114.  Let's also use 16 bit color in 1024x768 for the standard, and expect it to also look reasonable in 8-, 2- and 1-bit color.
>
>I was just trying to save such a project file, but there seems to be a
>bug in the current 2.9alpha (3121).  If I open and enter a Morphic
>project in a fresh image, and then choose "save project on file...", I
>get the following walkback.  (I don't have much experience with
>projects, but the same operation seems to work in 2.8.)

There are a couple of different ways to write things to disk. The one you chose doesn't work well with complex things like projects and should probably be deleted. What currently does work is the Publish button on the project navigator strip or the publish item in the menu of a project view morph.

Cheers,
Bob