[ENH] Warning when overwriting a clean image

Doug Way dway at mat.net
Tue Feb 29 22:45:52 UTC 2000

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Jesse Welton wrote:

> Doug Way wrote:
> >
> > I like the addition of the preference.  In fact, I'm not sure if you even
> > need to bother bringing up a second prompt to ask whether someone wants to
> > set it, I would just go ahead and set it.  I doubt that anyone would care
> > to be repeatedly warned once they've decided to overwrite the clean image.
>
> I was thinking about the updating of distribution images.  For
> instance, if the initial 2.8 release image is updated with the first
> set of 2.8 updates, then saved and repackaged for a second release,
> suppressCleanSaveWarning should probably not automatically be set.

Ah yes.  I meant to mention that, e.g. Squeak Central would need to
remember to unset the suppressCleanSaveWarning before sending out a new
2.8 image, for example.  So I guess leaving the second prompt in there
might be the easiest way to manage that.

- Doug Way
  EAI/Transom Technologies, Ann Arbor, MI
  http://www.transom.com
  dway at mat.net, @eai.com