[ENH] SimpleXYGraphMorph

ssadams at us.ibm.com ssadams at us.ibm.com
Mon Feb 14 18:41:08 UTC 2000

Squeakers,
Here's a simple morph for XY data graphs.  I looked at the wonderfully rich
plot morphs in Morphic Wrappers, but found the overhead a bit high when all
I wanted was a simple XY display with scales.  This one is very simple and
admittedly limited, but it's useful as is and hopefully an encouragement
for others to improve upon.  See the examples in the class.  Comments most
welcome.  Fixes, enhancements, rewrites, etc even more welcome!

Note that the morph overrides the extent: method to support resizing, often
by removing and rebuilding submorphs...yet another interesting Morphic
usage style I noticed in several morphs in the released version.
Regards,
Sam
(See attached file: SimpleXYGraphMorph.st)

Sam S. Adams, IBM Distinguished Engineer, IBM Research
tie line 444-0736, outside 919-254-0736, email: ssadams at us.ibm.com
<<Hebrews 11:6, Proverbs 3:5-6, Romans 1:16-17, I Corinthians 1:10>>