Alice99

Yoshiki Ohshima ohshima at is.titech.ac.jp
Wed Feb 9 18:15:51 UTC 2000

  Hi Aran,

> [And there's still the problem with gePrimitiveInitializeBuffer on
> Solaris.]

  Have you tried to put Squeak3D.so at the same directory as
the image file?  This is a dirty workaround, but should
work.

> Meme Media Laboratory       lab: +81 11 706 7262 / fax 7808
> Hokkaido University
> Sapporo 060-8628, JAPAN     http://ca.meme.hokudai.ac.jp/people/aran/

  IMO, Squeak is the ideal platform for IntelligentPad.  In
fact, they seem to share somewhat similar goal.

  When I saw the demo of IntellgentPad first time, it was 5
years ago or something, I thought "Because this is quite
different from what I've been familiar with, and seems to be
intended for non UNIX-C hackers anyway, so I don't have to
investigate it"(^^; However, after I got involved with
Squeak, I found I was wrong.

  The lesson I learned from this is "don't judge things from
how it looks like".  I think this also applys to Squeak:-)

  -- Yoshiki