<foo>lets

Robert Withers withers at vnet.net
Tue Feb 8 21:19:51 UTC 2000

Bijan Parsia wrote:

> --On Tuesday, February 08, 2000, 1:54 PM -0700 "John-Reed Maffeo"
> <rlpa80 at email.sps.mot.com> wrote:
>
> > Turtles.
> >
> > Turtles all the way up; turtles all the way down.
>
> Actually, Turtle theory, with its static, plodding, one dimension view of
> the universe has been superceded by weasel theory. Weasel are dynamic,
> active, distributed, and are easy to reconfigure. Plus, I much prefer a
> security model *with teeth* rather than the "shell" model, which, really, is
> just security by obscurity (where *is* the pea?).
>
> Of course, weasal ontology isn't as simple. Put enough energy into a weasal
> and you get a hyper-weasal which is *not* safe to be around. Superweasal
> theory has some hope of organizing the various branches of weasaldynamics,
> but, personally, I find 11 dimensional weasals hard to swallow....

Actually, since a weasel is 3D by the natural order, Superweasal would
result in a 12 dimensional Hyperspace with 8 dimensions furled.
Otherwise, I guess that bound weasals wouldn't be stable across
relativistic energies...

> ..not that I've *tried* mind you. :)
>
> (Sleep deprivation...not a pretty sight.)
>
> Cheers,
> Bijan Parsia.

I'm in the same boat Bijan.  24 hours for me with a nice 3 hours in the
middle. ;-)

Back to the handpuppets I suppose (if I can ever get a hold of one.)
squeak on,
-rob

---
hack the image