newbie questions

Michael Ackerman ack at simplyweb.net
Sat Feb 26 22:34:31 UTC 2000

Hi. I'm a beginner at Smalltalk, using Squeak and Winston's book on a
Mac. Some questions:
1. If I can file-out using a pop-up menu, why can't I file-in the same
way? How do I file-in?
2. If I can ask an object whether it's an integer by isInteger, why
can't I ask it whether it's a string by isString? How do ask whether
something's a string?
3. How do arrange arrange that the various welcoming windows don't show
when I open Squeak?
4. How do I enlarge the original rectangle in which Squeak happens? If I
use "full screen", I lose the Mac's menu bar.
                     Thanks for your help.
                     Michael