Squeak (ST80) syntax

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Feb 16 19:36:24 UTC 2000

Stefan Elisa Kapusniak wrote:

>    It's sort of like having to pretend you're the object
>    to work out what's going on or what to say.  I think
>    this might act as a hurdle -- tho' I don't have any
>    evidence of it.
I strongly LIKE the idea of pretending I am the object. It makes the
whole system work for me. It's all a part of of feeling ownership in the system.

I very strongly like the syntax as it is. The only thing I've ever found
that irritates is the lack of some way to do 'super-super' message
sending. You must have hit the situation where you really want to
inherit the method from a couple of classes up but an intermediate class
has overridden? grr.

tim