More Widgets for Squeak....

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Feb 1 16:49:51 UTC 2000

"Piero Campanelli" <campanelli at skylink.it> wrote:
> Dino.
>
> If I use Morphic, is still the interaction pattern (for updates of the
> contents) similar to MVC ??? I think i can create morph also if i am in
> world, don't I ?

It can be, though in Morphic the substrate is pretty nice too.  So it's
not so bad to make your own widgits.

> Another question: with morphic i can create gui (only widget creation)
> using a visual tool ????

Sortof.  Morphic is nice in that you can drag things around and embed
them in each other.  Using this facility plus inspectors, you can create
an arbitrary window this way.  It pretty much has the feel of a GUI
builder, except there is no way to generate code to recreate the thing.

You do have the option of sticking the morph in a variable somewhere and
deepCopy'ing it to create new instances.  Perhaps this is even the wave
of the future, but it's not commonly done right now.

Lex