Time to revisit newsgroup status

Tim Cuthbertson timcuth at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 18 03:03:18 UTC 2000

My problem with the high message volume is this:

I could unsubscribe from the mail list and read the postings via
Egroups. But then, whenever I want to post something, I cannot, because
the mail list does not allow posts from non-subscribers.

So, even though I hate the flood of emails from the list (lately, it is
becoming absurd, about 150 to 250 messages per day), I remain a
subscriber in order to retain my ability to post, even though I rarely
do so.

My 2 cents worth.

Tim

>We will soon start offering daily, weekly or monthly summaries of the
Squeak messaging list to people interested. This might help people who
are having difficulties dealing with a multitude of messages per day.