How do I make all scrollbars default to inboard, system wide?

Henrik Gedenryd Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se
Wed Feb 23 17:22:56 UTC 2000

Warren Postma wrote:

> The whole outboard scrollbar thing is ticking me off. How to I get rid of it
> forever in my image?

Besides what others have said, you'll probably need to close and reopen
windows since preferences often don't change existing UI objects.

And hey, cheer up, lass!

Stephen Pair wrote:

> The wheel mice usually include a button under the wheel.  It would be neat
> to enable that for scrolling as an alternative to using scrollbars.  Then,
> scrolling could be done on any vector (not just horizontal or vertical).  It
> would be nice for those non-rectangular windows.

That button is by convention treated as a/the third mouse button. Beside
that, your suggestion would seem pretty simple to do, it's a kind of drag
operation. But of course it could be assigned to other buttons as well.

Henrik

< = > .