Time to revisit newsgroup status

Dwight Hughes dwighth at ipa.net
Thu Feb 17 05:04:31 UTC 2000

I very strongly dislike newsgroups -- even those on a "private" server
-- awkward and extremely time consuming to use for reading more than a
handful of messages, and very unreliable (completely ignoring the spam
factor). "Usenet - when it really doesn't matter if your message ever
gets there or not."

A 100+ message day on the Squeak list is rather uncommon, and IIRC you
can get a digest version of the Squeak list from eGroup. Or use an email
client that can thread your messages (both Netscape and Outlook can do
this) -- there were only about 14 threads addressed or introduced today.

-- Dwight