Emacs interface?

Les Tyrrell tyrrell at canis.uiuc.edu
Wed Feb 9 22:27:40 UTC 2000

Jesse Schell wrote:

> GNU Smalltalk comes with a nice interface to Emacs. Has anyone ever
> made a Squeak version of this?

I'd reccomend giving Squeak's built-in code editing facilities a chance-
if there's some aspect of that you don't like, you can change it,
and if you think the change would be useful to a broader audience
you could post it.

BTW, if it's the control key codes that you like I'm fairly sure that
this has been done before for Squeak- if not, then for another Smalltalk.
Chances are good that you'd be able to modify Squeak's text editor to
handle them without too much trouble.  I've never done anything but point
and click, so it's never been a problem for me.

Basically, while Emacs may have some nice features that you've grown
used to in using GNU Smalltalk, I think you will find that Squeak's
browsers have some mighty fine features as well.

-les