Ctrl-C

Raab, Andreas Andreas.Raab at disney.com
Wed Feb 9 23:01:03 UTC 2000

> As a side question, some of the options under the Vm Options of the
> System menu for Squeak, where do I get an explanation of these ?

* 'Use 3 button mouse mapping'
	If on, maps the yellow button to the middle and the blue button to
the right button (otherwise the right button is yellow and the middle button
-if any- is blue).

* 'Buffer mouse input'
	If on, the VM buffers mouse input by itself, so that these events
don't get lost. Sometimes good but sometimes dubious.

* 'Defer display updates'
	If on, the VM tries to merge multiple small screen updates into a
larger update. Has no effect in Morphic (which does it's own deferrals) but
speeds up MVC heavily.

* 'Reduce CPU usage'
	If on, the VM will go to sleep under certain circumstances to keep
the CPU usage low during idle times.

* 'Show output console'
	If on, a little Window pops up at the bottom of the screen showing
messages from the VM (if any).

* 'Show console on errors'
	If on, makes the console window pop up as soon as something is
written into it (which usually only happens when the VM prints error
messages).

* 'Printer configuration...'
	Starts up a printer configuration dialog. The settings are used for
the print primitive.

* 'Display version information'
	Displays version information of the VM (what did you expect?!)

  Andreas