Squeak (ST80) syntax

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Tue Feb 15 22:51:23 UTC 2000

>I'll confess my bias right out: I don't like Smalltalk's syntax. [yet.]
>
>I'm a confirmed C/Delphi/Python bigot! :-)

Warren -

Welcome!
This actually makes you uniquely valuable on this list.  Here's a little challenge...

Present a syntax that you like better, and that is capable of expressing all of the current language.  You don't have to be able to compile it, or even to generate it automatically, you just have to present 5 or 10 methods both ways so it is clear how it handles each aspect of our current semantics.

	- Dan