The Mysterious Secret Society "Squeak Central" and Morphic Widgets

Dwight Hughes dwighth at ipa.net
Fri Feb 11 06:53:17 UTC 2000

A very important resource for tracking some of the goings on at Squeak
Central is to simply keep an updated alpha version image at hand and
actually read the update headers each time you get a batch - the alpha
update stream normally lags the Squeak Central internal stream by no
more than a couple of weeks - often much less. Since official releases
are normally made about every 3 to 4 months you usually get a reasonable
level of warning for most larger scale changes.

And if knowing how the wind might blow a few months down the line is
vital to what you're doing, just send Dan or Scott or John or Andreas an
email (depending on what part of Squeak you are most concerned with),
present what you're wanting to do, and *ask*.

-- Dwight