[Newbie] Form dotOfSize: 5. What am I missing?

agree at carltonfields.com agree at carltonfields.com
Wed Feb 23 00:13:30 UTC 2000

> Last night I was working on a problem that I can't figure out.
> > In the Workspace when I do > > (Form dotOfSize: 20) displayOn: Display at: 40 at 40
> > I get the black dot displayed on a white rectangle.

#displayOn:at: uses copyBits with the combination rule "Form over", which simply copies the form over the specified bitmap.  The rule to use depends upon your particular needs.  Perhaps:

(Form dotOfSize: 20) 	displayOn: Display
	at: 200 at 200
	clippingBox: Display boundingBox
	rule: Form and
	fillColor: nil

Many other combinations are possible, depending upon the particular results desired.