Squeak GUI Roundup

Robert Withers withers at vnet.net
Thu Feb 10 06:17:57 UTC 2000

I've just got an idea to donate at this point in my life.  Would it be
possible to bridge the factories and ensure that the virtual widgets are
context aware such that we can use the same set of stuff to run across
platforms, native or emulated, LCDs LEDs Web, persistable in object form
so we can have it load and recreate it's full state.  The models would
be shoved into a DB as well.  Be able to switch models with ease and
full updates.  All marshalling/display behaviors, for different
contexts, should reside in a little mouse sack that every mouse carries
around with it.  That's along with the documentation.  So if a developer
want's some docs, then the Browser Squeaklet just goes to it's cache or
to a doc server adn gets it.  If the little fella hasn't experienced a
particular context before, why, just bring one to him and say 'here you
go'.

cheers,
Rob