[newbie] clipped method display in system browser

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Feb 29 01:28:35 UTC 2000

Doug Way <dway at mat.net> wrote:
> So, I think we're back to hoping for the self-installing Squeak to work
> sometime soon... :-)  Sigh.

Well the original point was, this really is unclear.  What is a
self-installing Squeak?  Is it an exe you can click on and have it run?
If so, it's something you have to do on a platform-by-platform basis.

And in fact, it's basically done (in spirit) for certain distributions
of Linux....  I'm sure there are utilities to make a Squeak-package for
Windows, and perhaps there are some for Macs as well.  In fact, it's a
tad surprising that no one has released a one-EXE distribution of Squeak
for Windows.

Oh well, I happen to actually think ZIP and TAR files aren't too bad, so
take it all with a grain of salt.  :)

Lex