Pluggable Web Server!?! Why was this so hidden?

Gerardo Richarte core.lists.squeak at core-sdi.com
Mon Feb 28 16:49:56 UTC 2000

    While on this topic...

    has anybody done any benchmarks on PWS and/or Comanche performance, compared
to Apache?

    My personal, intuitive point, is:

    While Squeak's performance on Socket serving and File accessing may be
slower (is it true), using squeak for modules (a.k.a. cgi-bins) may be faster,
compared to perl, php3, asp performance (this 3 languages are interpreted, not
compiled to native. And are the 3 languages most used for web development)
    Can somebody tell me if I'm right? or at least if what I said looks right?

    I would like to do some performance tests in the near future, but I want to
know if sombody has already done it.

    Performance Bye!
    Richie++

--
A390 1BBA 2C58 D679 5A71 - 86F9 404F 4B53 3944 C2D0
Investigacion y Desarrollo - CoreLabs - Core SDI

--- For a personal reply use gera at core-sdi.com