Zope

Ranjan Bagchi ranjan_bagchi at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 28 21:55:27 UTC 2000

What we're talking about then is a Content Management
System (CMS) in Squeak.  The other product which is
like Zope (but costs an astonishing amount of money)
is Vignette StoryServer.  I've been working with the
latter and the way it's architected is with a plugin
to the web server (Apache, Netscape, IIS).

Squeak could do something similar pretty easily.  The
way which comes to mind is to use something like CORBA
to make transparent the physicalization of the
architecture (I could bypass network calls if the
proceses were on the same machine, for instance).

'course we'd need a Squeak ORB for that (something
I've been thinking of a lot lately).

Ranjan