Squeak and UNC names

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Sun Feb 6 18:33:54 UTC 2000

Hi!

It would be nice, if the Windows VM (and Squeak in general) could deal with
Windows UNC names.  In my current configuration, my Squeak files are on my
other machine (called magus) at

\\magus\d\develop\smalltalk\squeak\2.7\squeak.exe
\\magus\d\develop\smalltalk\squeak\2.7\sma.image

If I drag the image on the exe, I get this VM notifier

|Squeak!
|
| Could not open the Squeak image file '\RECYCLED\MAGUS\D\develop\...'
| [..]

please notice the "RECYCLED"!  I don't know how this happens.  If I bind
"\\magus\d" to a drive letter, everything works but I'd like to omit that
step.

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust  //  Bevor wir fallen, fallen wir lieber auf.