[newbie] clipped method display in system browser

Russell Swan swan at dandenong.cs.umass.edu
Sat Feb 26 00:46:01 UTC 2000

Welcome to the "line feed conventions differ between machines and StuffIt
thinks its smarter than it really is" bug. Go read
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/928
and afterwards follow the Mac download link from the bottom of the page.

Short answer:Do everything as binary and don't let any software translate
between conventions. The longer, more detailed answer is on those pages.

Would it be a good idea to put a warning about that when you log into
the ftp server?

-Russ