Process>suspend and resume are still broken...

C. Gable Watts CarlGWatts at AppliedThought.com
Sat Feb 26 19:23:34 UTC 2000

>Just as an aside, killing or suspending threads other than your own
>is dangerous and probably shouldn't be done, anyway.

I agree that playing with Processes is a good way to screw up ones system UNLESS one really knows what they are doing and is VERY careful to use Processes safely.

I've been programming with Processes in Smalltalk for over a decade and I'm VERY careful to use them properly.

>So in short,  it doesn't look like this is a bug that seriously needs
>fixing.....

You don't think that two bugs in one of the kernel objects (the most relied-upon objects in the system) is worth fixing?  Even when the methods clearly do not do what their comments say they are supposed to do?

You wouldn't even amend the comments to note that the implementation has bugs and what they are?

You must work for Microsoft.   :-)

:-)
Carl