Mac file types, was Re: Type Safety (was Re: fun and empowerment)

Bruce ONeel beoneel at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 2 16:10:53 UTC 2000

Hi,
  Of course, things would work better if we'd change the file types on
the .sources and .changes files to something other than 'TEXT' in terms
of unexpanding them.  Does this break anything else in the system?

  So, does someone have a good idea for the type to use? I tried
a search on apple.com and wasn't sucessful beyond the table in
http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/mac/Toolbox/Toolbox-447.html.
There seems to be a product called TCDB at http://tcdp.tripod.com.
Apple, according to http://devworld.apple.com/dev/cftype/ doesn't
register the types any more.