MVC Code Request

Andrew C. Greenberg werdna at gate.net
Thu Feb 3 14:14:05 UTC 2000

>You're not trying to put up a license agreement, are you?

That's certainly one way it could be used.  (I have begun work on a
general install program in Smalltalk, largely in reaction to the
recurring installation problems we have been experiencing on MacOS
machines -- so thanks for the idea).

I'm trying to better understand MVC and the Squeak implementation of
it.  The project in mind was to build an improved version of the
"file..." menu I built last year.  I'd like to build a modal dialog
that more closely resembles modern OS "find file" windows and the
like.

I thought some code on a simpler widget, such as the one proposed
here, would give me a leg up on that problem.  Anybody got anything
like that?