update servers/code (i got a GPF)

andregarzia at openlink.com.br andregarzia at openlink.com.br
Wed Jan 12 20:20:01 UTC 2000

On 12 Jan 00, at 12:21, Enrico Spinielli wrote:

> Hi all,
> I would like to get all the 2.7 updates, so I followed
> the instructions Stephan Rudlof posted some time ago:
> a) Evaluate
> 	EToySystem eToyVersion: 'Squeak2.7alpha' date: Date today.

I got the same answer!!!!

> b) update from server:
> 	Main menu -> help... -> update code from server
>
> The problem is that when I execute b) I receive the following
> message:
> "All code update servers seem to be unavailable."

At this moment my Squeak start downloading-compiling several
files but when it comes to download a file (i couldn't see the name
but its something related to 3D) then it blows my windows out.
big blue screen and nice dialog box complaining about some
weird ilegal action.

> When I do:
> 	Main menu -> help... -> about this system
> I get
> 	Squeak2.7alpha of 12 January 2000
> 	      latest update: #1559
> 	 Current Change Set: New Changes

The same for me....

> Any suggestion?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Enrico Spinielli                                  Lucent Technologies
>  voice: +353(01)211.6369     Cherrywood Science & Technology Park One
>    fax: +353(01)211.6201           Cherrywood, Cabinteely, Co. Dublin
> mailto: espinielli at lucent.com                                 Ireland

Can somebody help us?