[ENH] The buttonizer +3 with attachment!

ssadams at us.ibm.com ssadams at us.ibm.com
Tue Jan 18 20:12:15 UTC 2000

OOPS! forgot the attachment.
Here is an enhancement that I've wanted for a long time.  Its a menu item
that takes the selected code in a text pane and makes a button for it on
the desktop (MVC or Morphic).  To execute the code, just click the button.
Especially good for those frequently used doits.  Note that this only works
for self contained code, not code that references things like Workspace
variables, although I would really like that if I could figure out how to
do it.  The code is already instrumented for it but commented out.

Also included are 3 base image enhancements:

Object>>print      This great little method simply prints the recieving
object to the Transcript and returns self.  What's so great about it?
Since it acts like a transparent proxy for any object its sent to, you can
insert #print calls anywhere, and I mean anywhere, without disrupting your
code's layout or function.  Credit where its due, this one came from Lynn
Fogwell in the old KSC days.

String>>fromUser       'Nuf said.
String>>evaluate        Evaluates the reciever, like a programmatic doit

Regards,
Sam

(See attached file: buttonizer.cs)

Sam S. Adams, IBM Distinguished Engineer, Software Group
tie line 444-0736, outside 919-254-0736, email: ssadams at us.ibm.com
<<Hebrews 11:6, Proverbs 3:5-6, Romans 1:16-17, I Corinthians 1:10>>