[ANNOUNCE][GOODIE] Time Zone Support for Squeak

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Jan 22 17:38:26 UTC 2000

Time zone support for Squeak is now available on the swiki at:
	http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/1076

This is a time zone database for Smalltalk. It answers the number of
seconds offset from UTC for any time zone at any point in time in the
range of the database rule set, as well as the number of leap seconds
for a point in time (for tzfiles which contain the leap second rules).

Time zone rules are loaded by reading compiled tzfile files from an
external source. Compiled tzfiles files are commonly distributed with
Unix and Linux systems.

If you have an earlier version from this mailing list, you will find
changes to class names and a few other things. There changes were made
when I ported the package to a couple of other Smalltalk flavors.

I put this out under a GNU GPL license. Is this OK for Squeakers?

Dave