Q about a Squeak Archeology problem

Les Tyrrell tyrrell at canis.uiuc.edu
Tue Jan 11 23:43:25 UTC 2000

I've scoured the web digging up as many of the Squeak releases as I can.
Aside from a few gaps, one of the things that I've had a problem with
is that the only copy of the 1.16 release I've found so far is corrupt.

In particular, the file:

ftp://ftp.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/pub/Smalltalk/free/squeak/win32/image/Squeak1.16.zip

contains an image which yields a bad checksum.

At this stage, I don't know of any other copies of the Squeak1.16.image,
but for completeness I'd like to get one.

Also, the earliest public release I've found is for Squeak 1.1.  Were there
any prior to that?

Thanks!

les