missing changes file...

Ken G. Brown kbrown at tnc.com
Sat Jan 15 06:58:37 UTC 2000

A related problem occurs when doing a 'save as' with a name that is
just within limits for file name length. Since xxx.changes would be
longer than xxx.image by two characters, the name for the
corresponding changes file would be too long for the file system and
gets changed such that the file names for image and changes files no
longer correspond. The next time you try to run Squeak, it complains
about a missing changes file.
    Ken