Documentation and Help System

Russell Swan swan at dandenong.cs.umass.edu
Mon Jan 3 14:17:31 UTC 2000

A standard in Smalltalk systems is to include example code on the class
side of the classes. For example, on the Socket class, the browser
defaults to showing instance methods. Click on the class button, and you
get 7 different categories of class methods, the last one being examples.
There are 10 examples given for using sockets.

Not every class has examples, but when they do they are listed in the
examples category of class methods. You can copy the example code to a
workspace and evaluate it, and you can change pieces of it then and see
what the different parts do.

-Russell Swan