Presentations in Squeak (Was: Where is the OOPSLA"99 Dan Ingalls video ?)

Eric Scharff eds_2 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 6 01:07:36 UTC 2000

I'm afraid I don't know anything about the video's
availability, but I do have another question... :)

This question is directed at folks who have done
(active) presentations / demonstrations in Squeak.  Of
course, doing slide presentation type stuff isn't what
Squeak is good for.  Still, having primitive support
for certain kinds of things (bulleted / outline lists,
multiple screenfuls of information, etc.) would be
quite helpful as a first step towards producing more
active presentations.

As a Smalltalk programmer but a Squeak (and especially
Morphic) newbie, what would be the best way of
producing presentation-like things with traditional
elements but adding active / evolving content?  What
would be the best way of approaching something like a
presentation?

For now, this question would be directed for me (one
who loves programming :) ) but eventually, this would
also be the kind of things I would want my students to
do.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

-Eric