TerseMan challenge

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Mon Jan 10 19:03:28 UTC 2000

>Ok, here's mine (as a changeset to the 2.7 tetris). It
>	reduces #linesOfCode from 524 to 291
>	reduces #bytesOfCode from 4071 to 2399	"method for this metric is included"
>Beyond this, I fear that readability will suffer.

Bob -

Well, that's a beautiful job.  I found almost nothing that I could improve.

Is this fun?  Did other people play with this?
Would it be fun to have a "challenge of the week"?
Or is it better just to leave it up to everyone to find their own favorite areas for sprucing up?

	- Dan

PS:  FYI, there is already a metric similar to your "bytesOfCode" in the system, called "spaceUsed".  It also takes into account method literals, dictionary overhead and the like, and gets pretty close to the actual overhead (it's used as part of "printSpaceAnaslysis").  Your changes brought that metric down from 5061 to 3565.