Squeak and PS2

Yoshiki Ohshima ohshima at is.titech.ac.jp
Fri Jan 28 03:17:24 UTC 2000

  Hi,

> I wonder, is anybody working on a port of Squeak to
> the PlayStation 2? Is anybody interested on such a
> thing?

  I'm interested in it.  You might want to search the
mailing list archive with keyword "PlayStation" at

  http://macos.tuwien.ac.at:9009/Server.home

  I heard that the development environment costs around 2M
yen (= US$20,000).  If someone lend it to me, I'll do the
"basic" port in weeks.  (Surely the hardware accelaration
part will take much much longer:-)

  I also imagine Squeak port for AIBO.  An interpreter and
self extensible programming system that controls a robot dog
with 18(?) analog input/output devices (but without bitmap
display:-) How do you think about it?

  -- Yoshiki