Class comments within .change files are anonymous doits

Les Tyrrell tyrrell at canis.uiuc.edu
Mon Jan 31 00:10:05 UTC 2000

Lex Spoon wrote:

> One easy way to fix this would be to use ANSI SIF as the standard
> interchange format, instead of traditional fileouts.  SIF makes
> everything quite explicit.  Someone has posted SIF code to this list
> before; I don't recall the details.
>
> Lex

Actually, that would be a pretty good idea- it would fit in
beautifully with the cross-dialect unification efforts that
are underway.  If I have a chance to work on this I'll try
that approach.

One thing that could interfere, though- I don't know if the
standard for SIF will accomodate Squeak's style and stamp
information- the style information often contains hyperlinks,
and the stamps might contain versioning information.

However, SIF could be modified to allow such information
if it does not already have some accomodation for it.

-les