xml.smalltalk.org and mod.smalltalk.org

Peter William Lount peter at smalltalk.org
Fri Jan 28 19:09:13 UTC 2000

Hi,

I think it's important that we have a "XML" ASCII standard for storing BOTH
"Smalltalk source code" and "Smalltalk object instances".
Interoperatability is becoming very important and being able to share
object instances with other languages and systems would revolutionize the
Smalltalk usage in the real world.

In addition I think it's important that there be an Apache Web Server
module for Smalltalk. A ModSmalltalk. Any computer language that tightly
intergrates and interoperates with the Apache Web server in an Open Source
manner can gain prominance in the Web Site and Web Applications Market.
Smalltalk has an excellent potential to be the engine behind many powerful,
yet to be built, web sites.

Please see http://xml.smalltalk.org and http://mod.smalltalk.org for more
of this discussion...

All the best,