Stupid Expander Tricks (was: Re: HangMan, II)

Helge Horch Helge.Horch at munich.netsurf.de
Tue Jan 18 23:29:02 UTC 2000

At 13:14 18.01.2000 -0500, Dave N. Smith wrote:
>There is a free product called Aladdin Expander which will expand
>anything including Mac formats, ZIP, MIME, etc. It works recursively,
>so a UUENCODED MacBin, of a ZIP file all gets unwound. It runs on
>Macs, Windows, and DOS. While it's better for a sender to get it
>right, Expander will take care of the problem when someone goofs.

While I like the free Expander 5.0 very much, I was on the brink of cursing
it the other day for actively *hiding* the text conversion options (in the
Windows version). To turn off automatic text conversion during unstuffing,
select Options from the View menu. You'll have to press the More button and
select the CrossPlatform tab that just appeared out of nowhere. Make sure
that ConvertTextFilesToWindowsFormat is set to Never before unstuffing
Squeak change or source files.

Just in case,
Helge