update servers/code (i got a GPF)

Raab, Andreas Andreas.Raab at disney.com
Sun Jan 16 01:46:19 UTC 2000

Hi,

Sorry for the reply being late but I was terribly busy fixing other stuff.

> At this moment my Squeak start downloading-compiling several
> files but when it comes to download a file (i couldn't see the name
> but its something related to 3D) then it blows my windows out.
> big blue screen and nice dialog box complaining about some
> weird ilegal action.

As Dan noted before you should make sure you're running the latest VM (which
I just put out, so you can't have it yet ;-) Also, please make sure this is
really the VM that is used when you run your image - the way to do it is to
press F2 in Squeak and then choose 'Display version information'. What it
should say (after you've downloaded the latest VM) is

	Squeak 2.7 VM (release build 8) from Jan 15 2000

If it does display anything different from it then your default VM (e.g.,
the one that's used when just double clicking on an image) is not set to
what you just downloaded. Please change this (e.g., shift-rightclick on the
image, choose 'open with...', choose 'other...' select the latest VM and
select 'Always use this program to open this type of file').

If you're still having trouble with the latest VM let me know.

  Andreas