Bizarre Browser Behavior

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Jan 11 15:32:18 UTC 2000

Neat!  So how about having the image startup code automatically
decompress its changes file, if needed?  Then people could distribute
Squeak2.6.changes.gz instead of Squeak2.6.changes, and we could get past
this annoying attempt at do-what-you-think-i-mean.

Anyway, I personally consider ZIP files to be a pretty good distribution
mechanism.  What would really be helpful would be a small script that
takes an image and creates k different ZIP files, one for each platform.
 It could create self-extracting ZIP files for platforms that support
it, and it might use tar.gz instead of ZIP for unix, but anyway it would
save the manual labor probably inherent in distributing a Squeak
program.

Of course this is hypothetical; it seems rare for people to bother
packaging up a Squeak program for anyone who doesn't already have
Squeak, so we don't really *know* what will be a nuisance about it.

Lex