Camp Smalltalk -- Camp Squeak!

Ralph Johnson johnson at cs.uiuc.edu
Thu Jan 27 15:11:03 UTC 2000

For more information, there is a Camp Smalltalk wiki at
http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/CampSmalltalk

I think it would be great for Squeakers to get together in
advance.  I bet it would great to have a Squeak-specific
camp sometime in the future.  Perhaps Camp Squeak at Disney.
For Camp Smalltalk, we are trying to focus on things that
will help all Smalltalkers, so we can get as many of them
together as possible.  I expect one of the main benefits
of Camp Smalltalk will be getting ideas from each other.

Note that Paul Baumann is hoping that the "binary interchange"
project will grow into a complete CM system.  So, those
interested in a good CM system for Squeak might look at
that project.

Afterwards, we are going to put our results on the web.
I expect that Camp Smalltalk will just be the start of
most of these projects

If you are interested in coming, you need to e-mail me
(johnson at cs.uiuc.edu) so that you will be put on the
mailing list.

-Ralph