Mark Guzdial's Bookmorph Tutorials

Stewart MacLean stewart.maclean at nzhis.govt.nz
Wed Jan 26 22:53:41 UTC 2000

Mark,

I finally got the .zip files down (at home, worked as expected). Appears to
be a problem with the goverment :)

A couple of minor points:

1) I had problem loading them initially. It didn't parse the stream
correctly. Then I realised I had changed the standardFileStream, so I set it
back:

'From Squeak 2.3 of January 14, 1999 on 6 August 1999 at 3:43:44 pm'!

!FileStream class methodsFor: 'concrete classes' stamp: 'SIM 8/6/1999
14:13'!
concreteStream
	"Who should we really direct class queries to?  "
	^ StandardFileStream  "CrLfFileStream"  "may change this to
CrLfFileStream"! !

Not sure if this is a bug or not.

2) The section on Transcript Chapter 2/2 shows output as "Hellow world!",
should be "Hello world". The code should probably read
	Transcript
		show: 'Hello world!';
		cr;
		show: 'Hello world!'

3) How do I resize BookMorphs. I choose resize, get a yellow blob, aim it at
the edges click and it disappears!?

I enjoyed the history of objects bit. I knew about Simula but not the Sketch
pad.

Thanks,

Stewart