Swiki snapshots? (was: Re: Of source code lost in eternity)

Helge Horch Helge.Horch at munich.netsurf.de
Sun Jan 9 23:59:07 UTC 2000

At 20:03 09.01.2000 +0100, Stefan Matthias Aust wrote:
>[...] For me, a swiki isn't simple as I have to go online and stay online
>while doing the research.

Yes, telco bills can be intimidating. ;) That is, I concur because I notice
my own usage pattern.

I think Swiki snapshots could be a good thing. I might download a zipped
state once and browse offline at my leisure. This would enable me to find
the hot spots that interest me, to map the swiki in my mind without
constantly paying online fees.

Such a snapshot could be updated maybe bimonthly. *Of course* it would be
out-of-date the moment it was taken. I wouldn't care though, because I'd
probably only get it once a year and create my bookmarks from it.

Doable? Desirable? What do you think?

Disconnectedly yours,
Helge